Auto-dimming mirror/compass with HomeLink® (if equipped)
1) HomeLink® button 1
2) HomeLink® button 2
4) HomeLink® button 3
6) Automatic dimming on/off button
7) Compass display button
8) Compass display
The auto-dimming mirror has an anti-glare feature which automatically reduces glare coming from headlights of vehicles behind you. It also contains a built-in compass and HomeLink® wireless control system.
• By pressing the automatic dimming on/ off button, the automatic dimming function is toggled on or off. When the automatic dimming function is on, the LED indicator will illuminate.
Even with the mirror in the automatic dimming mode, the mirror surface turns bright if the transmission is shifted into reverse. This is to ensure good rearward visibility during reversing.
• By pressing the compass display button, the compass display is toggled on or off. When the compass is on, an illuminated compass reading will appear in the upper right corner of the mirror.
When cleaning the mirror, use a paper towel or similar material dampened with glass cleaner. Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the mirror as that may cause the liquid cleaner to enter the mirror housing and damage the mirror.
Installing a rearward facing child restraint
1. Place the child restraint system in the rear seating position. 2. Run the lap and shoulder belt through or around the child restraint system following the instructions provided by its ma ...
Rear seatbelts (except rear center seatbelt on Outback)
1. Sit well back in the seat. 2. Pick up the tongue plate and pull the belt out slowly. Do not let it get twisted. If the belt stops before reaching the buckle, return the belt slightly and pull ...
Refueling in cold weather
To help prevent moisture from forming in the fuel system and the risk of its freezing, use of an antifreeze additive in the fuel tank is recommended during cold weather. Use only additives that ...