Only one person should be involved in refueling. Do not allow others to approach the area of the vehicle near the fuel filler pipe while refueling is in progress.
Be sure to observe any other precautions that are posted at the service station.
1. To open the fuel filler lid, pull the lid release lever up. The lever is on the floor at the left of the driver’s seat.
Before opening the fuel filler cap, first touch the vehicle body or a metal portion of the fuel pump or similar object to discharge any static electricity that may be present on your body. If your body is carrying an electrostatic charge, there is a possibility that an electric spark could ignite the fuel, which could burn you. To avoid acquiring a new static electric charge, do not get back into the vehicle while refueling is in progress.
2. Remove the fuel filler cap by turning it slowly counterclockwise.
• Gasoline vapor is highly flammable.
Before refueling, always first stop the engine and close all vehicle doors and windows.
Make sure that there are no lighted cigarettes, open flames or electrical sparks in the adjacent area. Only handle fuel outdoors.
Quickly wipe up any spilled fuel.
• When opening the cap, grasp it firmly and turn it slowly to the left. Do not remove the cap quickly. Fuel may be under pressure and spray out of the fuel filler neck, especially in hot weather. If you hear a hissing sound while you are removing the cap, wait for the sound to stop and then slowly open the cap to prevent fuel from spraying out and creating a fire hazard.
3. Set the fuel filler cap on the cap holder inside the fuel filler lid (turbo models).
4. Hook the cord that is attached to the fuel filler cap onto the hook inside the fuel filler lid (non-turbo models).
• When refueling, insert the fuel nozzle securely into the fuel filler pipe. If the nozzle is lifted or not fully inserted, its automatic stopping mechanism may not function, causing fuel to overflow the tank and creating a fire hazard.
• Stop refueling when the automatic stop mechanism on the fuel nozzle activates. If you continue to add fuel, temperature changes or other conditions may cause fuel to overflow from the tank and create a fire hazard.
5. Stop filling the tank after the fuel filler pump automatically stops. Do not add any more fuel.
6. Put the cap back on, turn it clockwise until you hear a clicking noise. Be certain not to catch the tether under the cap while tightening.
7. Close the fuel filler lid completely.
If you spill any fuel on the painted surface, rinse it off immediately. Otherwise, the painted surface could be damaged.
• You will see the “” sign in the fuel gauge. This indicates that the fuel filler door (lid) is located on the right side of the vehicle.
• If the fuel filler cap is not tightened until it clicks or if the tether is caught under the cap, the CHECK ENGINE warning light/malfunction indicator lamp may illuminate. Refer to “CHECK ENGINE warning light/Malfunction indicator lamp”.
• Never add any cleaning agents to the fuel tank. The addition of a cleaning agent may cause damage to the fuel system.
• After refueling, turn the cap to the right until it clicks to ensure that it is fully tightened. If the cap is not securely tightened, fuel may leak out while the vehicle is being driven or fuel spillage could occur in the event of an accident, creating a fire hazard.
• Do not let fuel spill on the exterior surfaces of the vehicle. Because fuel may damage the paint, be sure to wipe off any spilled fuel quickly. Paint damage caused by spilled fuel is not covered under the SUBARU Limited Warranty.
• Always use a genuine SUBARU fuel filler cap. If you use the wrong cap, it may not fit or have proper venting and your fuel tank and emission control system may be damaged. It could also lead to fuel spillage and a fire.
• Immediately put fuel in the tank whenever the low fuel warning light illuminates. Engine misfires as a result of an empty tank could cause damage to the engine.
Portable ashtray The portable ashtray can be installed in each cup holder. For the locations of the cup holders, refer to “Cup holders”. When using the ashtray, open the lid of the ashtray. When rem ...
Canceling the function for meter/gauge needle movement upon turning on the
It is possible to activate or deactivate the movement of the meter needles and gauge needles that takes place when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position. Turn the ignition switch to th ...
Folder selection (only when connecting USB storage device)
Refer to “Folder selection”. NOTE When an iPod® is connected, you cannot select a folder. ...