Security indicator light
The security indicator light deters potential thieves by indicating that the vehicle is equipped with an immobilizer system. It begins flashing in the following ways.
- Once approximately every 3 seconds:
– Approximately 60 seconds after the
ignition switch is turned from the “ON”
position to the “Acc” or “LOCK” position
– Immediately after the ignition key is pulled out
- Twice approximately every 2 seconds:
After the alarm system has been armed for surveillance (Refer to “Arming the system”.)
- Five times approximately every 2 seconds:
When the alarm system is ready to be armed.
- Other flashing patterns:
The alarm system may have been triggered by unauthorized intrusion or any impact to the vehicle body. Refer to “Tripped sensor identification”.
If the security indicator light does not flash, the immobilizer system may not be functioning properly. If this occurs, contact your SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.
In case an unauthorized key is used (e.g., an imitation key), the security indicator light illuminates.
Even if the security indicator light flashes irregularly or its fuse blows (the light does not flash if its fuse is blown), the immobilizer system will function normally.
Vehicle Dynamics Control warning light
CAUTION The Vehicle Dynamics Control system provides its ABS control through the electrical circuit of the ABS system. Accordingly, if the ABS is inoperative, the Vehicle Dynamics Control system ...
Rear window wiper blade assembly
1. Raise the wiper arm off the rear window. 2. Turn the wiper blade assembly counterclockwise. 3. Pull the wiper blade assembly toward you to remove it from the wiper arm. 4. Install the wi ...
SRS airbag system warning light
When the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position, the SRS airbag system warning light will illuminate for approximately 6 seconds and turn off. This shows the SRS frontal airbag and SRS sid ...