Security indicator light
The security indicator light deters potential thieves by indicating that the vehicle is equipped with an immobilizer system. It begins flashing in the following ways.
- Once approximately every 3 seconds:
– Approximately 60 seconds after the
ignition switch is turned from the “ON”
position to the “Acc” or “LOCK” position
– Immediately after the ignition key is pulled out
- Twice approximately every 2 seconds:
After the alarm system has been armed for surveillance (Refer to “Arming the system”.)
- Five times approximately every 2 seconds:
When the alarm system is ready to be armed.
- Other flashing patterns:
The alarm system may have been triggered by unauthorized intrusion or any impact to the vehicle body. Refer to “Tripped sensor identification”.
If the security indicator light does not flash, the immobilizer system may not be functioning properly. If this occurs, contact your SUBARU dealer as soon as possible.
In case an unauthorized key is used (e.g., an imitation key), the security indicator light illuminates.
Even if the security indicator light flashes irregularly or its fuse blows (the light does not flash if its fuse is blown), the immobilizer system will function normally.
AT and CVT models
CAUTION If you restart the engine while the vehicle is moving, shift the select lever into the “N” position. Do not attempt to place the select lever of a moving vehicle into the “P” position. 1 ...
Outside temperature indicator
1) U.S.-spec. models 2) Except U.S.-spec. models The outside temperature indicator shows the outside temperature in a range from −22 to 1228F (−30 to 508C). The indicator can give a f ...
Parking your vehicle
WARNING ● Never leave unattended children or pets in the vehicle. They could accidentally injure themselves or others through inadvertent operation of the vehicle. Also, on hot or sunny day ...