Replacing the battery
● Do not let dust, oil or water get on or in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to damage the printed circuit board in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to allow children to touch the battery and any removed parts; children could swallow them.
● There is a danger of explosion if an incorrect replacement battery is used. Replace only with the same or equivalent type of battery.
● Batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
If the transmitter fails to operate when used within the standard distance, this may indicate a weak battery. Replace the battery as soon as possible. The battery can be replaced by your authorized SUBARU dealer. If you replace the battery by yourself, use utmost care that no dust, oil or water enters the transmitter.
To replace the battery:
1. Remove the screw on the key head.
2. Open the key head using a flat-head screwdriver.
3. Remove the transmitter case from the key head.
4. Open the transmitter case by releasing the hooks.
1) Negative (−) side facing up
5. Replace the old battery with a new battery (Type CR1620 or equivalent) making sure to install the new battery with the negative (−) side facing up.
6. Put together the transmitter case by fitting the hooks on the case.
7. Reinstall the transmitter case in the key head.
8. Reinstall the screw on the key head.
After the battery is replaced, the transmitter must be synchronized with the
remote keyless entry system’s control unit. Press either the “”
or “” button six times to synchronize
With USB/iPod® mode selected
Press the “” button to skip forward in the track/file order. Press the “” button to skip backward in the track/file order. The track/file number will be shown on the audio display. ...
1. Select the “SETUP” menu. 2. Select the “PHONE SETUP” menu. 3. Select the “SET PASSKEY” menu. After the currently set passkey is displayed, a new passkey can be entered. 4. Input the new passkey ...
Front turn signal light
NOTE It may be difficult to replace the bulbs. We recommend that you have the bulbs replaced by your SUBARU dealer if necessary. 1. Turn over the protective cover of the engine compartment. 2 ...