Replacing the battery
● Do not let dust, oil or water get on or in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to damage the printed circuit board in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to allow children to touch the battery and any removed parts; children could swallow them.
● There is a danger of explosion if an incorrect replacement battery is used. Replace only with the same or equivalent type of battery.
● Batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
If the transmitter fails to operate when used within the standard distance, this may indicate a weak battery. Replace the battery as soon as possible. The battery can be replaced by your authorized SUBARU dealer. If you replace the battery by yourself, use utmost care that no dust, oil or water enters the transmitter.
To replace the battery:
1. Remove the screw on the key head.
2. Open the key head using a flat-head screwdriver.
3. Remove the transmitter case from the key head.
4. Open the transmitter case by releasing the hooks.
1) Negative (−) side facing up
5. Replace the old battery with a new battery (Type CR1620 or equivalent) making sure to install the new battery with the negative (−) side facing up.
6. Put together the transmitter case by fitting the hooks on the case.
7. Reinstall the transmitter case in the key head.
8. Reinstall the screw on the key head.
After the battery is replaced, the transmitter must be synchronized with the
remote keyless entry systemТs control unit. Press either the УФ
or УФ button six times to synchronize
Turning on/off the Hands-free mode
Turning on/off the Hands-free mode 1) OFF hook switch 2) ON hook switch 3) Talk switch To turn on the Hands-free mode, press the OFF hook switch . To turn off the Hands-free mode, press th ...
Air conditioner button
Air conditioner button The air conditioner operates only when the engine is running. Push the air conditioner button while the fan is in operation to turn on the air conditioner. The indic ...
Driving on snowy and icy roads
To prevent skidding and slipping, avoid sudden braking, abrupt acceleration, highspeed driving, and sharp turning when driving on snowy or icy roads. Always maintain ample distance between yo ...