Replacing the battery
● Do not let dust, oil or water get on or in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to damage the printed circuit board in the transmitter when replacing the battery.
● Be careful not to allow children to touch the battery and any removed parts; children could swallow them.
● There is a danger of explosion if an incorrect replacement battery is used. Replace only with the same or equivalent type of battery.
● Batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
If the transmitter fails to operate when used within the standard distance, this may indicate a weak battery. Replace the battery as soon as possible. The battery can be replaced by your authorized SUBARU dealer. If you replace the battery by yourself, use utmost care that no dust, oil or water enters the transmitter.
To replace the battery:
1. Remove the screw on the key head.
2. Open the key head using a flat-head screwdriver.
3. Remove the transmitter case from the key head.
4. Open the transmitter case by releasing the hooks.
1) Negative (−) side facing up
5. Replace the old battery with a new battery (Type CR1620 or equivalent) making sure to install the new battery with the negative (−) side facing up.
6. Put together the transmitter case by fitting the hooks on the case.
7. Reinstall the transmitter case in the key head.
8. Reinstall the screw on the key head.
After the battery is replaced, the transmitter must be synchronized with the
remote keyless entry system’s control unit. Press either the “”
or “” button six times to synchronize
CAUTION Direct splicing or other improper connection of trailer lights may damage your vehicle’s electrical system and cause a malfunction of your vehicle’s lighting system. Connection of trailer ...
For CVT models
This light illuminates when All-Wheel Drive is disengaged and the drive mechanism is switched to Front Wheel Drive for maintenance or similar purposes. This light flashes if the vehicle is driven ...
Air conditioner compressor shut-off when engine is heavily loaded
To improve acceleration and gas mileage, the air conditioner compressor is designed to temporarily shut off during air conditioner operation whenever the accelerator is fully depressed such as during ...